So, you’re shopping for a second baby gift.
Whether you’re looking for something special for the new arrival or something practical for the parents, you want to make sure you get it right.
After all, they’ve been through this before – they know what they need (and what they don’t).
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of second baby gift ideas that are sure to please.
What to Get:
1. A Gift Card to a Diaper Service – New parents are always in need of diapers, and a subscription to a diaper service is a godsend. Not only will it take one more thing off their plate, but it’s also eco-friendly. win-win!
2. A Cleaning Service – Let’s face it, parenting is messy. A gift certificate for some help around the house will be greatly appreciated (and used).
3. A Night Out – Whether it’s a babysitter for an evening out or a weekend away at a hotel, giving the gift of some time away from the kids is sure to be appreciated.
4. A Subscription to a Meal Delivery Service – With two kids in the house, cooking dinner every night can be tough. A subscription to a meal delivery service like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh can help take some of the stress out of dinnertime.
5. A Nursery Monitor – For parents of multiples, a nursery monitor is essential. They’ll be able to keep an eye on both babies while getting some much-needed rest themselves.
What to Avoid:
1. Anything that Requires Assembly – The last thing new parents want is another project. Steer clear of anything that requires assembly or batteries; they won’t have the time (or energy) for it.
2. Anything Breakable – Newborns are delicate creatures, but toddlers…not so much. Unless you’re positive it won’t end up in pieces, avoid anything breakable (no matter how cute).
3. Used Clothing – It may be tempting to pass down clothes from your older child, but resist the urge. New parents want everything to be fresh and new (as do we all). Stick with new clothing items only.
4. Toys with Small Parts – Toddlers are notorious for putting everything in their mouths. Avoid toys with small parts that could pose a choking hazard; opt for larger items instead.
5.. Anything Gender-Specific – You don’t know if they’re going to have another boy or girl (and even if you do, what if they change their mind?). Stick with gender-neutral gifts that can be used no matter what.
So there you have it: our list of second baby gift ideas that are sure to please any parent (or new arrival).
From practical items like diaper subscriptions and cleaning services, to fun things like nights out and meal delivery services, there’s something for everyone on this list.
And whether you’re looking for a second baby gift or you’re a new parent trying to find the perfect present, we’ve got you covered.
Just click the button below to see our top 5 picks for gifts for babies.
From soft and cuddly toys to practical items that will make life a little easier, we’ve got something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Click the button and start shopping today!