Baby Gate Basics: Understanding Pressure Mounted Gates
Are you considering a pressure mounted baby gate for your home?
If so, you’re not alone.
With the convenience of easy installation and removal, pressure mounted gates are a popular choice among parents.
But are they safe?
Let’s take a look!
Pressure Mounted Gates vs Wall-Mounted Gaters
When it comes to safety, pressure mounted gates have one major drawback when compared to wall-mounted gates—they don’t attach directly to the wall or door frame, which means that if your child pushes on them hard enough, they can potentially move out of place.
This is why it’s important to make sure your gate is secured properly before adding any additional pressure such as with an extra pet or object.
That said, there are also some advantages to using a pressure mounted gate.
For starters, because they don’t require drilling into walls or door frames, they’re much easier to install and remove than wall-mounted gates.
And since no holes need to be made in your walls or door frames, there’s no need to worry about damaging the structure of your home over time.
Safety Tips for Pressure Mounted Gates
While pressure mounted gates can provide you with the safety and security you need for peace of mind without having to drill into walls or door frames, there are still a few precautions you should take when installing them in your home.
Here are some tips for ensuring that your baby gate is installed safely and securely:
• Measure twice before buying—it’s always better to be safe than sorry—so make sure that any gate you purchase will fit within the space you have available
• Always use two hands when installing—never try to install with just one hand as this can cause instability and lead to accidents
• Secure the bottom of the gate by adjusting the tension knob until it fits snugly against both sides of the opening—this will minimize chances of movement
• Regularly check for loose parts or hardware—if something does come loose, repair it immediately so that your baby remains safe
• Make sure all screws and bolts are tightened correctly every time you install or uninstall—this will ensure maximum stability.
With all these tips in mind, pressure mounted baby gates can be an excellent choice for parents who want an easy way keep their little ones safe while giving them more freedom at home.
Just remember that care must still be taken when installing and uninstalling these types of gates so that they remain secure at all times!
Looking for the best baby gates to keep your little ones safe?
Look no further – click on the button below and you will have access to a comprehensive list featuring the very best baby gates available today.
From sturdy materials to simple installation, this selection has something for everyone and at the most affordable prices too!
Don’t waste another minute; make sure your children’s safety is taken care of in just a few clicks.