Being a plus size mom and finding a baby wrap that fits perfectly can be an absolute struggle. Right?
With a baby, there’s no time to do anything. But baby wraps have made this struggle easy.
As a plus-size parent, choosing wearable baby gear frequently involves a special set of concerns. Finding a model that seems simple to buckle a baby into is challenging enough while having to consider if it will work for you.
The positive news is now the best plus size baby carriers are designed with various body shapes in mind, making them suitable for plus-size parents and other caregivers.
The best baby carriers are designed to be cozy for the user and secure for the child, whether made to accommodate plus size parents or compatible with waist-belt extenders.
We know you probably don’t want to spend much money on a plus size baby carrier that may not be perfect for your needs. Read on for the 7 best baby carriers for plus-size moms that promote easy baby wearing.
Baby K’tan Baby Wrap Carrier
Infantino Cuddle-Up Carrier
Infantino Baby Carrier
Baby K’tan Baby Wrap Carrier
- HANDS FREE BABY WEARING: Keep newborn babies, preemies and infants close while you go about your day. Our unique baby wrap design also supports your best position for easy breastfeeding on the go. (If under 8 lbs, consult healthcare professional)
- SIMPLE DESIGN: The Baby K’tan baby wrap is quick and easy to wear – no rings, belts, buckles or excess fabric. This infant carrier is the no-wrap wrap! Just slip the sling over your head like a t-shirt.
- COMPLETE COMFORT: Made from 100% cotton, our baby carrier allows even weight distribution, and the breathable fabric is soft against baby skin. Not bulky or frilly – ideal for both moms and dads.
- SAFE AND SECURE: Our infant holder’s unique double loop design and one way stretch hold your baby securely in place, and the wrap carrier’s natural seated position is Approved Hip Healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- 5 POSITIONS: Our infant carrier wrap grows with your child – choose the best position from sling wrap for newborn babies & preemies to an upright seated carrier for newborns up to 35lbs. (Under 8 lbs, consult medical professional)
Infantino Baby Carrier
- Design: adjustable ergonomic seat narrows for newborns, expands for older babies and toddlers; padded shoulder straps and waist belt distribute weight for comfort; internal mesh panel for airflow
- Special features: 6 intuitive pockets for quick access to your essentials like pacifiers, diapers, spare clothes, wipes, keys or even your phone, with breathable mesh to keep parent and baby cool
- Wearing positions: four versatile ways to carry infants and toddlers – newborn facing-in with reduced width seat, infant facing-in with expanded seat, baby facing-out and backpack style; recommended for children weighing between 8-40 pounds
- Benefits and use: enjoy keeping your baby close, comfortable and secure with hands-free convenience; provides bonding time and developmental activity, whether for errands, neighborhood walking or hiking in parks; there’s no place like close
- Adjustability: versatile and ergonomic 2-position seat adjusts for growing babies; padded and contoured shoulder straps; supportive waist belt evenly distributes baby’s weight; designed to fit a wide range of body types and lifestyles
- Designed with love. At Infantino, we love babies, we adore kids, and we admire their moms and dads. We work hard to create products that guide development and bring joy as baby grows. Happy parents and little ones are what we are all about
Boba Wrap Baby Carrier
- Simple, no-guess tying instructions and just one size make this wrap your GO-TO BABY CARRIER for the first three months of parenthood <3 It was the first of its kind and the simplicity of the idea has kept moms and babies together for 10 years.
- Stretchy and SOFT, machine washable fabric that will keep your baby close. So much easier to clean than a stroller or carseat! You can machine wash and dry this wrap, making life just a little easier for new moms.
- ERGONOMIC seat for baby, ergonomic weight distribution for mom and dad! Each time you tie the wrap, you create a CUSTOM seat for your baby. Knee to knee support every time!
- EASY to tie and easy to breastfeed in. It even acts as a privacy shield for nursing moms because you can nurse while wearing it, without taking your baby out of the wrap.
- Bond with your little one while getting back into the swing of things: you’ll be able to tie this once and then wear it out and about. 95% Cotton, the Spandex in our wrap allows it to retain its shape and not loosen or sag as you re-adjust to nurse or take baby out to go for a ride in the car. Just like your favorite yoga pants, the wrap stretches and supports you and your baby.
Infantino Cuddle-Up Carrier
- Design: Carrier with character canopy and wide ergonomic seat for knee-to-knee support with adjustable shoulder straps and waist belt to shift weight to the wearers hips for a more comfortable fit
- Wearing positions: Suitable for babies 12-40 pounds, two positions facing in front and back carry design
- Benefits and use: Experience hands-free convenience with opportunities for bonding and developmental benefits, whether it’s running errands or exploring parks, there’s no place like close
- Adjustability: Adjustable with 2 ways to carry, front and backpack with padded shoulder straps and supportive waist belt, designed to fit a wide range of body types and lifestyles
- Special features: Detachable bear canopy hood provides coverage for baby without restricting visibility, using arched design, while cozy muffler pocket gives parent a natural place to tuck their hands
KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier – All in 1
- Ergonomically Designed – KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier ergonomically redistributes the baby’s weight evenly so that you enjoy ample back and shoulder support. Our wrap carrier is certified by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) to ensure your baby’s healthy hip development.
- Nice and Snug – Made with soft, stretchy, and breathable proprietary cotton fabric tech, KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier keeps your baby snug and secure. It is easy to put on and so close-fitting that you do not need to readjust all the time. Great for moms and dads who are new to babywearing.
- Everyone Can Babywear – We understand that each parent is unique, so we design our wrap carrier to accommodate everyone from petite to plus size. The versatile KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier comes in a sustainable gift box, making it a nice gift for new parents. Wrap it in different ways so that it turns into a pregnancy support band, postpartum recovery wrap, or nursing cover (please refer to our video tutorial or instruction manual).
- Hands-free Bonding – Your baby loves to stay close to you. With KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier, you can enjoy bonding with your little one while going about your day. You both will be at ease, even when on the go – and that is all that matters.
- Calms and Soothes – Wearing your baby close to you creates a super cozy environment that mimics the womb, making your baby feel calm and secure. It promotes crucial growth and development in the early months of their lives.
Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Moms
Now you know our top picks among the 7 best baby carriers for plus-size moms.
You might have seen several options available in the market that are pretty similar. But we have picked the ones that are not only good in terms of features but also lie in an affordable price range.
The provided information is helpful enough for you to choose the suitable soft structured carrier for plus-size moms and new moms.
You can also watch this YouTube video to understand what baby carriers are or how they can help you carry a baby.
How We Decided
Our recommendations are based on expert comparisons between available products in each product category. For the Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Moms, we consider product features, online popularity, consumer’s reviews, brand reputation, prices and many more factors, as well as reviews by our experts. Click the button below to read the full article on Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Moms:
28 Models Evaluated
8 Topics Considered
36 Hours of Research
3,542 Purchases Analysed
Favorite Ratings is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.